About FWD Seagrave
As a single source manufacturer, we integrate design, construction and assembly under one roof. The result is an apparatus built for best lifetime value that operates under the most severe conditions.
The FWD Seagrave team is dedicated to providing highly engineered heavy duty vehicles, cabs, chassis, bodies, aerial ladders and other products with superior lifetime value for our customers by concentrating on innovation and continuous process improvements.
As a single source manufacturer, we integrate design, construction and assembly under one roof. The result is an apparatus built for best lifetime value that operates under the most severe conditions. One of our unique manufacturing distinctions is our life-saving “safety cage” cab design, which has earned us an unmatched reputation for dependability under the toughest of conditions. The cab’s cage design is the hallmark of occupant safety.
Decades of Demonstrated Excellence
- FWD was founded in 1909 by Otto Zachow and William Besserdich in Clintonville, Wisconsin. It became a premier manufacturer of severe chassis and produced America’s first all-wheel drive chassis.
- Seagrave, founded by Fredric Seagrave in Detroit, Michigan in 1881, is the oldest continuous manufacturer of fire apparatus in the United States. The company moved to Columbus, Ohio in 1891 and remained there until 1963.
- In 1963 Seagrave moved all operations to Clintonville, Wisconsin.
Today, FWD Seagrave produces a comprehensive range of custom apparatus ranging from pumpers, pumper-tankers, rescue units to aerials, aerial quints, tractor-drawn aerials and platforms. Manufactured products include aerial ladders, telescopic boom platforms, custom chassis and custom bodies. Apparatus built at FWD Seagrave are constructed using long lasting and ultra high durability materials such as 3CR12 stainless steel and Polyprene. All products are NFPA, DOT and FMVSS compliant. FWD Seagrave also produces specialized apparatus for commercial and military applications.
Best Lifetime Value Proposition
- Low maintenance cost and high in-service time
- Built for ease of service
- Custom engineered to meet customer’s needs
- Constructed for severe duty applications
FWD Seagrave is a portfolio company of ELB Capital Management, LLC. For more information, go to ELB Capital Management, LLC (www.elbcap.com).